XSAN 2 Admin - Computers unreachable or offline
I've got this problem at a few sites, and wondering if anyone has a trick to reliably fix it:
- Computers in XSAN2 admin show "UNREACHABLE OR OFFLINE"
- All computers can be controlled via Screensharing, can ping on both MD and LAN IPs, and can be resolved by hostname.
- If you Force Remove the computer from the SAN, and then add it back by specifying IP, it appears as READY (until you quit XSAN Admin and relaunch).
- Computer showing as UNREACABLE OR OFFLINE will mount the XSAN volume(s) each boot without error.
- Only some client machines are affected, but the same machines show the problem on both MDCs.
It seems to be something DNS related, as it only happens on sites where the XSAN has it's own Apple DNS service, but there is also a corporate DNS server present on the same network.
I was hoping there is some host file entry or some plist tweak to make XSAN Admin stop "forgetting" how to communicate with these clients.