Recent Comments

• Reply to: Looking for an Expert -   3 days 4 hours ago

Many people are using Mcafee Antivirus.If you have faced any problem related to this Mcafee antivirus then call our Mcafee Antivirus technical support Number at 18882690130.
    For more details visit at :- Mcafee antivirus technical support number

• Reply to: Looking for an Expert -   5 days 23 min ago

We are here.

• Reply to: AppleCare Xsan Support Agreement: How to find the registration number (Apple KB)   5 days 3 hours ago

solved the issue from change the value 1 to 0 from window 7 registry manager .

pkt mumbai india id piyushpbctv

• Reply to: Apple Fibre Channel compatibility with El Capitan   5 days 10 hours ago

My surgeon once said to me "The dumbest body is smarter than the smartest doctor." I agree with him and do my best to listen to my body and effectively communicate this data. But I leverage my doctor's medical training to determine obat sakit pinggang the validity of potential correlations extracted from the data I collect. Many years of medical education and practice makes my physician much more qualified to analyze my medical data. I collect and communicate my data, but we make sense of it. The best thing a patient can do to keep healthy is maintain the health of the relationship with their doctor.

• Reply to: Apple Fibre Channel compatibility with El Capitan   6 days 7 hours ago
  • Reply to: Apple Web Server notifications (Apple KB)   6 days 22 hours ago

Let’s keep are safe place to play the very best free games for kids! Please click: wingsio | slither io | abc

• Reply to: Office 2016   2 weeks 2 days ago

Same problem here.

I’m having issues with *all* Office 2016 for Mac (v.15.24) programs being unable to write/save files other than PDF to our XSAN and user home folders. The error reads: Alert - Document Not Saved. Excel spreads (.xlsx), word docs (.docx), powerpoint (.pptx) files refuse to be written despite user permissions to the destination being Read/Write. I use OS X Server to set these permissions. The workaround is to save the file locally and then move it to the desired location. When this document is opened again from the xsan location, it cannot be overwritten, it must still be saved locally.

When Office for Mac 2016 performs a save, it saves a temporary directory on the volume first, and then swaps the file with the actual file the user wants to save to (to prevent corruption of the original file). Normally, the temporary directory path returned by Apple's API will be somewhere located in a hidden folder called ".TemporaryItems" in the root of the share where the user has mounted (in our case, /Volumes/Stornext/.TemporaryItems). Normally, access to this location is Everyone>Read Only, but I've set the ACL permissions to Read/Write, with no change. I would like to use OS X Server to change the permissions but Server does not reveal the hidden folder: .TemporaryItems

Microsoft Office 2011 has no trouble writing [.pptx, .xlsx, .docx] files to the xsan, which leads me to believe that something with Office 2016 might be the issue, rather than our san.

El Capitan v.10.11.5
    Office 2016 for Mac v. 15.24
    Quantum Stornext 5

• Reply to: Xsan 4   1 month 1 week ago

its on ibooks, the migration guide that is. there really is no xsan admin guide anymore. What is your question? Check out this post from matx.

• Reply to: Xsan 4   1 month 1 week ago

Dear all
    i piyush from india i have just xsan 4 environment i know about fully x san 2 environment but i dont have admin guide for x san 4 please suggest where can i download input any idea or https
    link for x san 4 user guide and admin guide in pdf format or video. I confused about some little topics what i do suggest please any one
    thanx

• Reply to: Restore a previous SAN setup dialog is gone!   1 month 1 week ago

Are you sure open directory is there?

• Reply to: Open Directory not starting on XSAN metadata controller   1 month 1 week ago
    hi

Informational blog! This is a great example to search out particular topics in the given time frame to work out. Thumbs up for you
    click now

• Reply to: Open Directory not starting on XSAN metadata controller   1 month 2 weeks ago

I tried rolling back the MDC to a previous date via Time Machine (boot to Recovery, restore from Time Machine). It worked! Open Directory started on the master and I was able to add the client.

The only leftover issue I see is that it looks like on the 2nd MDC (the one that was the OD replica) it doesn't look like it's a replica anymore. It sees the master, but doesn't show itself as a replica.

Any insights on the smoothest way to fix that? I'm going to leave it alone for a couple of days before messing with it.

And yes, the first thing I did was to Archive my Master OD. :)

• Reply to: upgrade from 2.2.2 to 4.1   1 month 2 weeks ago

Good to hear, be sure to make an archive of your open directory master incase it ever becomes corrupt. I would make an new archive anytime you make significant changes to your SAN.

• Reply to: upgrade from 2.2.2 to 4.1   1 month 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your help Trevor.
    No errors, everything is functioning great. We got MDC1, MDC2 and CS1(3 controllers)
    MDC1 has DNS and Open Directory Master enabled
    MDC2 DNS, AFP, Mail, Web and Open Directory Replica enabled
    CS1 is pretty much the same as MDC2

Thanks again

• Reply to: upgrade from 2.2.2 to 4.1   1 month 3 weeks ago

10.8 and 10.9 may also work, the goal is to get the SAN moved up to the new Xsan architecture introduced in 10.7. Before you move to 10.10 or 10.11 you will need to make sure open directory is working. I have never done 10.6>10.10/11 but I have done 10.6>10.7/8/9>10.10/11

Can you tell me more about your SAN? Status of controllers, errors you are seeing, open directory etc.