Recent Comments

• Reply to: Updates XSAN   5 hours 26 min ago

If you're just updating the O/S, which will update the Xsan version, the answer is no, there will be no data loss.

• Reply to: Updates XSAN   10 hours 11 min ago

And if this is possible without loss of information on the raids, prompt transition procedure consistent with xsan 2.2.2 on XSAN 3.x
    At the moment I have 2 controller with OS X 10.6.8 and xsan 2.2.2
    I would like to upgrade to OS X 10.9.x and XSAN 3.x

• Reply to: Labeling LUN: SANTransactionErrorDomain   1 day 9 hours ago

Output of cvlabel:

/dev/rdisk3 [JMR VirtualDisk 0001] unknown Sectors: 5860415967. Sector Size: 512.
    /dev/rdisk4 [JMR VirtualDisk 0001] acfs-EFI "PlayoutB92"Sectors: 23441719263. Sector size: 512. Maximum sectors: 23441719263.
    /dev/rdisk5 [JMR VirtualDisk 0001] acfs-EFI "IngestB92"Sectors: 41023022559. Sector Size: 512. Maximum sectors: 41023022559.
    /dev/rdisk6 [JMR VirtualDisk 0001] acfs-EFI "ProductionB92"Sectors: 82046063583. Sector Size: 512. Maximum sectors: 82046063583.

Device that buggers us is /dev/rdisk3 ofcourse.

we have recreated raid 1 on for that lun but same error persists.

We have started sudo cvlabel -r /dev/rdisk3 in hope that will solve some issues waiting on it to finish

Currently in setup there are only two MDC's so we werent paying any special attention to zoning and DNS but as we manage to get these two going we shall sort those out.

When you speak of DNS i presume you are talking about reverse lookup zone. Is there any advice you can give us on that subject?

Thank you for your reply!

Regards

• Reply to: Labeling LUN: SANTransactionErrorDomain   1 day 22 hours ago

What does the cvlabel command show you?
    $ sudo cvlabel -l

Are you sure the LUN hasn't been caught and formatted as HFS+ (etc) by a machine? Xsan won't label such a LUN, you would need to format it as free-space to 'release' it.

I assume as you're setting this up, there is nothing on it. The simplest might be just to re-create that LUN so your devices can pick it up again? (I assume your zoning/DNS etc are all configured)

• Reply to: SanLink2 Mavericks Beta Driver   1 week 1 day ago

Hi ECP5,
    contact Promise and request the "Beta 1.0.44 driver" and then you will be able to see your ActiveRaid LUN's.

I did it with ActiveRaid and it works perfect.

Regards

• Reply to: Xsan and Mavericks 10.9.3   1 week 3 days ago

Have you updated this yet? Any bugs? We recently did an update here and am trying to get a heads up on anomalies.

• Reply to: Any Mavericks out there?   1 week 3 days ago

Did you end up upgrading this?? Were there any problems?

• Reply to: Bulletproof Zoning on Xsan   1 week 3 days ago

A very interesting all worth visiting. I’m glad I found

this article. It has helped me a lot. Keep up the good

work.
    vacation rental koh samui thailand

• Reply to: XSAN Maverick FSMPM die randomly on 2 MDC.   1 week 6 days ago

Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think I'll give it a go ASAP.

-Matt

• Reply to: XSAN Connection Issue - HELP!   1 week 6 days ago

The volume is mounting on the controller and yes we need the data on the volume.

Otherwise I would just re-build the environment from scratch...

• Reply to: XSAN Maverick FSMPM die randomly on 2 MDC.   1 week 6 days ago

Had a followup with Apple and they have confirmed that 10.9.4 finally fixes this issue.

• Reply to: XSAN Connection Issue - HELP!   1 week 6 days ago

I think it might be helpful to put the Xserve on the public ethernet network as well. The only thing that should occur on your private network is the metadata traffic.

• Reply to: XSAN Maverick FSMPM die randomly on 2 MDC.   1 week 6 days ago

We have 29 days of uptime without any failovers in our Xsan lab at work, which is promising.

I also upgraded four different Xsan production environments to 10.9.4 on Sunday last weekend. Upgrade went without a hitch, and everything is still running fine so far.

I'm still waiting until Friday next week, before upgrading our large 104 LUN, 7 MDC, 16 volumes, 100+ client MultiSAN.

• Reply to: XSAN Maverick FSMPM die randomly on 2 MDC.   1 week 6 days ago

It's been a week or so now. How's 10.9.4 treating everyone? Still going OK?

Thinking of upgrading tomorrow, so I have the weekend to fix things if it goes wrong.

-Matt

• Reply to: XSAN Connection Issue - HELP!   1 week 6 days ago

do you need data on the volume? is the volume mounting on the controller?