Java 1.4.2 for QLogic 5600s in 10.11

JSamuel's picture

Anyone have a work-around or fix/patch for this? Just playing with some 5600s I found in my garage and on my 10.11 machine its driving me nuts :(

I've tried a few combos just now, including JavaEmbeddingPlugin0.9.7.5; extracting .bundle and .plugin files from JavaForMacOSX10.5Update4 (Pacifist) and so on...

Even /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Commands/appletviewer bombs :'(

JSamuel's picture

Interestingly, playing with .plugin files in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ seem to do the trick.

Inside was a sym (JavaAppletPlugin.plugin -> /System/Library/Java/Support/CoreDeploy.bundle/Contents/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin) which I removed, and replaced with JavaAppletPlugin.plugin -> /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPlugin2_NPAPI.plugin

In terms of actions, my laptop had the latest stable Java8 (RE, not JDK) and I had installed 2015-001 ( over the top - which may have done some Java8 removal, I'm not sure.

Happy to investigate further if this needs to be a KB or someone needs more help :-)

This should only be an isse for older QLogic firmwares, v8 onwards works with Java7+ (I think).

Joel Samuel.
/thirtytwo - Consultancy & Direction
Proud sponsor of

All contributions are my own personal opinions - not those of any entity I represent.