Recent Comments

• Reply to: Xsan Volume Failed to start after a power failure.   1 week 1 day ago

Hello. After reboot of the installation complex. Has ceased to mount one of the volume:

Xsanadmin (utro_02) > fsmlist
    FSM Processes on tp-mdc.tp

utro[0]
    State: STOPPED (generated too many core files) 2017-05-19 17:03:33
    Last Admin: START 2017-05-19 17:03:02
    Last Termination: signal(6)+core 2017-05-19 17:03:33
    Launches 4, core dumps 4, flags

utro_02[0] port 59966, pid 68612
    State: REGISTERED (no substate) 2017-05-19 11:28:14
    Launches 1, core dumps 0, flags

When I run through the console, the volume starts but after a while it stops again and in the logs the following errors:

20.05.17 08:47:35,885 fsm[24293]: Xsan FSS 'utro[0]': PANIC: /System/Library/Filesystems/acfs.fs/Contents/bin/fsm " The stripe group "MetadataAndJournal" size is 4194240, expected 3686390. You must maintain the original configuration or re-initialize the file system. File system 'utro' not started. " file /SourceCache/XsanFS/XsanFS-508.4/snfs/fsm/alloc.c, line 3646
    20.05.17 08:47:35,885 fsm[24293]: PANIC: /System/Library/Filesystems/acfs.fs/Contents/bin/fsm "
    The stripe group "MetadataAndJournal" size is 4194240, expected 3686390.
    You must maintain the original configuration or re-initialize the file system.
    File system 'utro' not started.
    " file /SourceCache/XsanFS/XsanFS-508.4/snfs/fsm/alloc.c, line 3646
    20.05.17 08:47:35,887 fsm[24293]: Xsan FSS 'utro[0]': PANIC: wait 3 secs for journal to flush
    20.05.17 08:47:36,479 xsanmgrd[68605]: xsan: [68605/B41080B0] ERROR: get_fsmvol_at_index: Could not connect to FSM because SnAdmin Connect: (Re)connect failed to FSMPM at '10.0.23.21' - Could not find File System Manager for "utro" on 10.0.23.21.
    20.05.17 08:47:36,773 xsanmgrd[68605]: xsan: [68605/B4004900] ERROR: get_fsmvol_at_index: Could not connect to FSM because SnAdmin Connect: (Re)connect failed to FSMPM at '10.0.23.21' - Could not find File System Manager for "utro" on 10.0.23.21.
    20.05.17 08:47:38,887 fsm[24293]: Xsan FSS 'utro[0]': PANIC: aborting threads now.
    20.05.17 08:47:41,103 xsand[68604]: mount of volume 'utro' failed (exit code = 22)
    20.05.17 08:47:56,100 xsand[68604]: mount of volume 'utro' failed (exit code = 22)

I tried to run the cvfsck utility, but the error is all inherently flawed:

bash-3.2# cvfsck -wn utro
    Checked Build disabled - default.

• Fatal*: Stripe group 'MetadataAndJournal' size has changed from 4194294 blocks to 3686390 blocks
    • Warning*: Error initializing shared metadata stripe group 'MetadataAndJournal' - Invalid argument
    • Critical*: File System Read-Only Check finished - with errors.

cvfsck total elapsed time: 0.07 seconds total
    bash-3.2#

Whether prompt it is possible as that to restore volume or at least as that to restore the data? I will be very grateful for any advice and help...

• Reply to: new LUN size wrong in xSAN 2.2   1 week 1 day ago

Xsanadmin (utro_02) > fsmlist
    FSM Processes on tp-mdc.tp

utro[0]
    State: STOPPED (generated too many core files) 2017-05-19 17:03:33
    Last Admin: START 2017-05-19 17:03:02
    Last Termination: signal(6)+core 2017-05-19 17:03:33
    Launches 4, core dumps 4, flags

utro_02[0] port 59966, pid 68612
    State: REGISTERED (no substate) 2017-05-19 11:28:14
    Launches 1, core dumps 0, flags

The stripe group "MetadataAndJournal" size is 4194240, expected 3686390.
    You must maintain the original configuration or re-initialize the file system.
    File system 'utro' not started.
    " file /SourceCache/XsanFS/XsanFS-508.4/snfs/fsm/alloc.c, line 3646

I tried to run the cvfsck utility, but the error is all inherently flawed:

bash-3.2# cvfsck -wn utro
    Checked Build disabled - default.

• Critical*: File System Read-Only Check finished - with errors.

cvfsck total elapsed time: 0.07 seconds total
    bash-3.2#

• Reply to: El Capitan - Automount   2 weeks 3 days ago

I tried the Apple Launchd fix but it dd not work for me... but it gave me an idea. I found an easy solution that seems to work 100% of the time. I made an Automator Script...

The first step is to Pause for 180 seconds
    The second step is to Run Shell Script with the following command xsanctl mount VolumeNmae

Note: Replace VolumeName with the name of your XSAN volume.

I then added it as a login item. Let me know if you would like a copy of the Automator action and I will email it to you.

• Reply to: Welcome to the NEW and IMPROVED Xsanity   2 weeks 4 days ago

Hello,

I manage the systems at a small video production facility and have relied on Xsanity as a great resource for quite some time. I know that with all the changes Apple has made over the past 4 or so years, many folks have moved away from Xsan and Apple Server to other solutions. Because of this it's evident that Xsanity does not get as much traffic as it once did. I thought I would check in on the status and future of Xsanity. Are there any plans or direction set for the future? I've noticed that I seem to be unable to make any new posts other than commenting on exiting ones. Is the forum now closed/archived for good?

rb.

• Reply to: StorNext client won't mount SAN volume after RAID controller failure   2 weeks 4 days ago

Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon. Warehousing of merchandise

• Reply to: How to set up the Xsan 4 notifications ?   4 weeks 1 day ago

I read your post and I like it very much. I also like the theme of your blog which is simple and the navigation bar is also good.
    Thanks for these posts and keep posting.
    123movies

• Reply to: Xsan4 with StorNext Windows Client Configuration Help!   1 month 1 day ago

Hows that going to work now?

• Reply to: Xserve Firmware   1 month 2 days ago

Hi MJSANDERS,

Know this is an old thread but I am also looking for this firmware version.
    I have recently acquired a few Xraid and installed some 1TB drive with a sata adapter
    1 unit shows the drives/array fine and has the firmware 1.5.1f2/1.51b
    The other shows the array within Raid admin but wont prompt to initialise.
    The only difference that i can see is that the Raid firmware for this XServe Raid is 1.51c

If you have a copy of this version or are aware of a work around or any tips that would be appreciated.

Regards
    Adam

• Reply to: Xsan4 with StorNext Windows Client Configuration Help!   1 month 3 days ago

Windows is a product of Microsoft which is the largest selling brand of the world. Bill Gates was its owner who start this company several years before. His history is lying in http://www.bestessays.org/ of his biography which is written by many good writers. This website is good combination of news, articles, and many other goods products.

• Reply to: Xsan4 with StorNext Windows Client Configuration Help!   1 month 1 week ago

It's good that you help the people through this website and solve there any problem related to ATTO cards and others I like this and it's amazing http://essaycompaniesreviews.com/grademiners-com-review appreciate this type activity and wants to grow them. So, you must carry on your work because it,s about the technology and hardware of computer so it's very important.

• Reply to: new LUN size wrong in xSAN 2.2   1 month 1 week ago

Creating the article and publishing them into the traffic where people come to read and admire their essay help theory that is reliable and good to read from the public opinion. The supporting of the article in the public sector is very good to publish and help them to write.

• Reply to: xSAN 3.1 Very Slow to show Folder Listing/Contents   1 month 1 week ago

Massive thanks in advance for any assistance or pointers

• Reply to: Apple Web Server notifications (Apple KB)   3 months 6 days ago

After wrestling with not being able to activate my Xsan volume after upgrading to El Capitan 10.11.6 I finally discovered that it was due to OS Server app 5.2

If you are having the same issue try using OS Server app 5.1.7, it worked for me.

If this saved you time and hair then you can always send me your favorite local craft beer ;)

• Reply to: Apple Fibre Channel Card vs. LSI Technologies Cards (PCI-E)?   3 months 3 weeks ago

If you want to discuss over the Apple iPhone, iPad, and Mac regarding technical issues with Apple related issues with no cost, call our Toll free Apple technical Support Phone Number 1- 877-676-1818 And take best technical support with us. We give the technical support only in UK/USA/Canada. Our UK/USA/Canada based services are available 24/7 hours in the 365days.

• Reply to: Apple Fibre Channel Card vs. LSI Technologies Cards (PCI-E)?   4 months 6 days ago

TheLT wrote:

I've managed to get the LSI cards working by flashing Apple firmware into them. Alas, the only Apple cards I've got have firmware older than 1.03.23. (1.03.20) Can anyone dump 1.03.23 firmware and throw it at me?

/quote
    Hi,
    can you dump the firmware and share it?