running XSAN 2.3 (Lion) in StorNext3.5/4.0 environment
I had 1 hour to check on a workstation, if the built in XSAN2.3 in Lion will work with our StorNext linux-based environment.
Well, there was no further testing, but it seems to work - without any additional licence. In fact - the Mac XSAN client still comes with its own license, so no further floating license from the mdc is used!
Configuration was easy.
- First you need to enable XSAN in the PrefPane./*
- Config files in OS X 10.7 are found at /Library/Preferences/Xsan//*
- Just create fsnameservers with your mdc address(es) inside/*
- Copy your .auth_secretfile if you use one/*
- Reboot or restart services/*
- sudo cvadmin will show up your StorNext filesystems/*/list
Mount StorNext disks manually with mount -t acfs your_snfsname mountpoint
I think a automount.plist will do it automatically (put it in /Library/Preferences/Xsan/)
So there is no need for any licenses! So you get a XSAN/StorNext Client for 24EUR...wow!